Open Position: Web App/UI Developer for GIS/Fleet Portal – Intermediate-Senior
This is an opportunity to join a friendly and tight-knit group of talented developers with broad experience in GIS and web-based application development. You will be a key contributor to our software stack and your work will be reflected directly in the end-product used by thousands of customers.
The chosen candidate should demonstrate high-motivation, a natural curiosity and an ability to ‘wear many hats’. Above all we’re looking for resourceful individuals who are passionate about application development and are quick and keen to pick up and learn whatever tools they need to get the job done.
Must be fluent in spoken English and willing to relocate to Ottawa.
- Develop stunning user interface code, great features and deliver high quality code
- Work closely and collaboratively with the team on a daily basis
- Unit test modules and work with the test team to automate feature testing
- Apply the Agile/Scrum development methodology to produce high quality software
- Become an expert on the latest user interface technologies and and prototype new designs
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience with web technologies & best practices (5+ years)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Essential: demonstrate exceptional skills to design and develop features that allow people to interactively visualize and explore important information with charts, tables and infographics.
- Experience programing GIS apps with OpenLayers, Google and other Geomatics tools
- Server-side programming experience Python, PHP, Java
- Asynchronous programming experience and writing & using REST-style APIs
- Familiarity with NoSQL & SQL relational databases such as PostgresSQL/PostGIS
- Experience with producing SVG icons/fonts, customer component designs/graphics
- Experience with LogiAnalytics, Jasper or other reporting and charting frameworks
- Android, IOS mobile development experience
- Aesthetic & design sense with passion for usability and simplicity
- GIS experience both with traditional tools & web-based mapping API’s
- Experience making interactive applications run on any device (desktop, tablet & phone).
- Big Bonus: Experience in FDM (Flight Data Management), FOQA or CAE Analytics
Awesomeness trumps formal qualifications – be ready to provide examples of your previous work.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Web Development: 4 years
GIS: 2 years
UI: 3 years
Mobile app: 1 year
SQL: 2 years
Troo provides a cloud based platform for M2M and Location Intelligence Service Delivery that provides enterprises with the tools and services to enable their systems and products with realtime intelligence from connected devices and situational data. Troo Corporation, is a private SaaS Solutions company, currently serves resource tracking customers in 50 countries in many different industries such as aviation tracking, emergency response systems, fleet management, fixed asset/systems monitoring, stolen vehicle recovery and spatial GIS analytics/publishing. With its advanced connected device management platform and trooM2M data interchange services, Troo leads the industry in its extensive support of RF/GPRS/Satcom connected devices and its unique fusion of telematic and GIS technologies under one unified platform. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned developer to join a growing startup environment that enjoys applying cutting-edge technologies on challenging projects.
How to Apply:
Send your cover letter and resume to HR@Troo.com